Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wake's Jacksonville pipeline going strong

Desmond Cooper, a rising senior safety at The Bolles School (It produced quarterback Riley Skinner, remember), has committed to play football at Wake Forest, according to the Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville.

Cooper, who is 6-2 and 190 pounds, continues a trend of Jacksonville area players picking the Deacons. Four from Bolles are on the current roster, and 14 area players wear black and gold.

“It felt like home, because there are so many players there that I already know,” he said. “It was very important to be able to talk with them and see how much they enjoyed the school.

”Cooper picked Wake over offers from Miami, West Virginia, Maryland and Purdue.

“I wanted to make my decision, because I didn’t want to lose my spot,” Cooper said. “I knew Wake was only taking one safety. I wanted to get out of the state and see something new. I wanted to get away from the humidity.”

--Stan Olson

No comments: