Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blue Devils continue recruiting roll with an RB

Duke has added the commitment of RB Juwan Thompson, who announced his decision Friday night.

While Thompson, who has 4.44-second speed in the 40-yard dash, picked the Blue Devils over Boston College and Mississippi, he also had offers from Minnesota, Stanford, Syracuse, Tulane, Virginia and Wake Forest.

“I visited Duke late in May right after I got out of school and I knew during that visit that I was going to Duke," Thompson said.

Thompson, a rising senior at Woodward Academy in College Park, Ga., is 5-foot-11 and 212 pounds. He said he felt comfortable with the coaching staff.

“When other schools came to recruit me, it wasn’t the same as Duke," he said. "Other coaches acted different and did not make it as much fun as they did. They were always happy, easy to talk to."”

--Stan Olson

No comments: