Tuesday, June 9, 2009

South Carolina, ECU, N.C. State heat up on Stewart

They’re starting to pay attention to Logan Stewart.

The Boiling Springs (S.C.) High OL grabbed South Carolina’s attention at the Gamecocks’ camp last weekend.

“I’m still growing,” he said a few minutes ago. “They got me at 6-feet-4½ and 276 pounds. They said they’re very interested.”

While South Carolina hasn’t offered that scholarship yet, Stewart expects it to happen soon. He already has offers from East Carolina, Appalachian, Air Force and Western Carolina.

Because he has good quickness to go with that size, the Pirates have told him they think he can play anywhere along the offensive line—tackle, guard or center.

“Appalachian State said they definitely see me as a left tackle, and South Carolina thinks I can play either guard or center.”

Stewart, ranked No.23 on our S.C. Top 25 Prospects list, was asked which other teams were calling most often.

“Vanderbilt and N.C. State are showing a lot of interest,” he said. “I think that they like that I’m tough and move well for my size.”

It doesn’t hurt that he can also bench-press 185 pounds 35 times, which is the highest figure I’ve heard of in the state this year. –Stan Olson

If you know of an offer or a commitment, please drop me a line at
solson@charlotteobserver.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skip Holtz is the man to play for.

A lot of good young talent at ECU.

Arrrgghhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Skip Holtz?

hahaha!!!