Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Irish commitment Moore now looking around

Southeast Raleigh linebacker and Notre Dame commitment Kendall Moore, the No.8 player on The Observer’s Top 25 NC Prospects list, is opening up his recruiting again, he said a few minutes ago.

He’s doing so because of the firing this week of Irish head coach Charlie Weis.

“I guess I’m still a commitment to Notre Dame, but I’m going to be looking around,” Moore said. “Right now, I don’t really have a backup plan and I’m trying to put one together.

“I’d have to say that the schools that would currently make up my top five would be Florida State, South Carolina, N.C. State, North Carolina and Georgia Tech. But I’m thinking I may have to open it up beyond that. My coach says that a lot of schools have been calling him.”

Moore and Ardrey Kell’s Prince Shembo, the state’s top two linebackers, both committed to Notre Dame. I’ve got a call into Shembo and if I get him, I’ll pass along his thoughts on the subject.

--Stan Olson

No comments: