Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wolfpack continues recruiting roll

N.C. State has added another commitment as well, landing 6-foot-4, 285-pound Torian Box of North Clayton High in College Park, Ga.

Box also had offers from East Carolina, Mississippi State and Alabama-Birmingham, but said he picked the Wolfpack because its coaches showed him “the most love.

“They were one of the best schools recruiting me and I've got a little family around that way. And as soon as I saw their facilities it kind of had me in awe. That really got my attention.”

Box, who currently plays tackle, is expected to switch to guard or center at NCSU.

“For a guy my size, they tell me I've got the quickest feet they've ever seen,” Box said. “So I think my feet are my best quality, along with my technique.”

Box, who is entering his fourth season as a starter, committed on an unofficial visit over the weekend. He wants to play in the NFL, and that contributed to his decision.

“Talking with offensive line coach (Don) Horton, he said the year before they came to N.C. State all five of their Boston College starting linemen went to the NFL. That made me feel pretty good about my decision.”


--Stan Olson

4 comments:

MichaelProcton said...

Torian, man, they tell that to every OT they don't want to insult by moving them inside.

Anonymous said...

Mikey Procton.... the results are their for OL candidates coached by Major Tom.... Just the facts, take off those baby blue glasses

MichaelProcton said...

You're serious? I despise UNC. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your argument. And I have no problem with the results anybody gets. But if that kid thinks this is the first time the coach has ever used that line, he's joking himself.

Anonymous said...

If "that line" is fact why shouldn't he use it? Coach O'Brien and staff have been known for producing quality NFL linemen (as well as other positions). I think they know much better than you, Michael, but flame on.