Tuesday, April 21, 2009

John Wall wants the college experience

John Wall plans to go to college.

Others may say he is ready for the NBA, but he is talking about playing college basketball. He plans to have his list of schools down to three or four by next Monday.

"The amount of money you hear [for high picks in the NBA draft] is pretty impressive," Wall said Tuesday. "But I really think I need one, two, three years of college to prepare me to play in the NBA. I don't think I'm ready to play in the NBA right now and I want the college experience. Going to college would be good for me."

He plans to trim his list of potential schools to three or four by Monday. He currently has seven schools on his list - N.C. State, Duke, Baylor, Kansas, Miami, Kentucky and Memphis.

Memphis was the leader for Wall until Coach John Calipari resigned and went to Kentucky. Wall "There is no leader," he said. "No leader at all."

Wall said he was not sure if he has a college board score that is high enough to allow him to play as a freshman at an NCAA major college.

"I have great confidence that I'm going to get the score I need if I don't have it already," he said.


-- Tim Stevens

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wall said he was not sure if he has a college board score that is high enough to allow him to play as a freshman at an NCAA major college.

"I have great confidence that I'm going to get the score I need if I don't have it already," he said.

This is unbelievable!!!(see above) You mean to tell me, that in late April, while being recruited by Major D1 programs this issue exists. Who is guiding this kid! He doesn't even know if he has the necessary board score. Does Word of God have academic counselors? Of course his AAU Coaches/Mentors/Leaches would not know simple NCAA rules. Has he even filed his Clearinghouse paperwork?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, academics are what might keep him from going to an academic powerhouse like Duke.

Anonymous said...

dook's requirements for offering schollies to basketball recruits are no more stingent than those at UNC. in fact ratman is going to take any border line student athlete he can get because UNC is handing him his azz on a plate lately. either that or another back ailment will crop up.