Thursday, September 17, 2009

We're hunting for prep football-playing GIANTS

So who’s the biggest of them all?

I’m not talking about the best big recruit in the Carolinas, although that would be either Athens Drive’s Robert Crisp or Wilmington Hoggard’s T.J. Leifheit, both of whom top 6-foot-7 and 300 pounds.

I just got to wondering if any Carolinas prospects are even bigger than those two, say, 6-9 and 340 pounds or even 350. Or maybe there’s a kid who might not be as tall as the aforementioned players but bruises the scales at 375. Let me hear about him.

I’ll see if I can come up with a top ten of Carolina giants.

Heck, I’ve got a feeling that Crisp and Leifheit might not even make it.

--Stan Olson

By the way, check out our recruiting database. Make sure your school's players are in there. If not, send me a contact number for the coach at solson@charlotteobserver.com

No comments: