Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brandon Willis jumps back to Tar Heels from Vols

Duncan Byrnes High DE Brandon Willis has switched his commitment from Tennessee to North Carolina, Rivals.com is reporting.

Willis’s switch has come in the wake of Vols coach Lane Kiffin and a number of his staff taking the Southern Cal job.

I’ve got a call into Willis’ dad and will let you know more when I hear from him.

"I'm on my way to Chapel Hill now," Willis told Rivals earlier this morning. "I'm going to North Carolina. This is it.”

--Stan Olson

9 comments:

ncdoc said...

See Stan there is no reason to panic. Granted this happened because Kiffin left but Alfy Hill is now visiting UNC. Don't sleep on Butch.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kiffin. I'll take it.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Hill Mr. Willis!!!

Anonymous said...

Dont get too excited NCAR fans. The kid is just not that good. The other Byrnes D Lineman, Miller, is the real deal however....

Anonymous said...

Grades, grades, grades, kid better hit the books. Plus watch out if he visits other schools. Kid likes the attention.

Anonymous said...

What's going to happen when Butch goes to Tennessee?

Anonymous said...

I don't know, what is NCS going to do when TOB doesn't attend a bowl next year (again)?

ncdoc said...

To the poster talking about grades I would offer this. Willis graduated from high school early and is enrolling at UNC this week. Not a lot of non-qualifiers graduating from school early.

Anonymous said...

Maybe UNC can bring back John Bunting once Butch leaves.