Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Look for Wall's list by Friday

John Wall, the highest-rated high school basketball player in the country who has yet to commit to a college program, said his mother is ready for him to make a college decision.

He is, too, the Raleigh Word of God point guard said Tuesday.

Before he makes his final decision, though, Wall still plans to first trim his list of eight schools to three or four.

He plans to complete that incremental step in his recruiting saga by Friday, Wall said Tuesday. Originally, Wall had hoped to have his list narrowed by early this week; he has not set a timetable for his final choice.

"It is a really tough decision right now," he said. "I know my mom is ready for me to decide, and I am, too, but I'm still working on it."

Duke, N.C. State, Baylor, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Kansas and Memphis remain on his list.

"I'm still at eight schools," Wall said. "There is no leader."

He has not heard from the University of North Carolina since he spoke with Tar Heels coach Roy Williams during the Final Four in Detroit, Wall added.

"I don't know where I stand with Carolina now," Wall said. "I spoke with them one time. I haven't talked to Coach Williams since."

-- Tim Stevens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's still trying to make grades. He won't announce schools, b/c he doesn't want to embarrass himself when he doesn't qualify.